Thursday, June 16, 2011

Memphis Bucket List

With my Memphis time dwindling, well, not really but only 5 weeks left of the 21 I will have spent here... I decided that I need to make a bucket list so I make sure not to miss out on anything that this great city has to offer.


I checked off a few places on my list this past week.


1. Jerry's Sno Cones. 
Everyone at work was raving about this place. Literally every day a new flavor was discussed. I decided that I needed to adventure on over and try one myself. I stuck to a plain sno cone (you can get ones with ice cream) and got pineapple flavor! It was to die for!! (They have fancy ones like Shrek, almond joy, my tie, napoleon dynamite...)

2. The Levit Shell
This is an outdoor concert venue! I went with my CI and a few of her friends to listen to the music stylings of Tab Benoit (He's Cajun! and Talks with the most fun accent!) Luckily the weather was kinda cool (upper 80s low 90s) and we sat out on lawn chairs and I enjoyed some Miller Lime something or other beer, it was good! Anyways, I enjoyed him so much I came home and downloaded a few of his songs from itunes. My favorite song talked about "one foot in new york city and one in the bayou"


Okay so now for the rest of the list yet to be accomplished...

3. Central bbq (Which I am going to tonight to see my fabulous friend Nancy's rockstar husband play on the patio!)
4. The Botanical Gardens
5. Memphis Zoo
6. A Riverboat Cruise
7. Gus' Fried Chicken
8. Graceland (?! All the locals have never been and im thinking about considering myself a local after living here for over 4 months... I've seen the outside... that count's right?!)

No comments:

Post a Comment