Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Blueberry Yum Yum

Two weekends ago, my housemate and I adventured to blueberry pick in Mississippi! We arrived in Nesbit and followed a few back roads until we found this lovely sign...

We then drove along a country road and were greeted by these Donkeys who were grazing (do Donkey's even graze?!) 

It turned out to be one of the most perfect mornings for picking because there was a lovely cloud cover over us and a nice breeze. Thank goodness for that. Apparently, we were not the only early birds either. When we got there we joined many people in picking!

We each got a two buckets and began picking away. I learned that you want to pick blueberries with the white covering, that almost looks like dust. This is the "blush" and means that those berries have sugar in them!


We must have picked for two hours. These are my buckets, that I tied around my waist with a piece of rope. 

We went home very happy campers with bags full of a gallon each of blueberries and enjoyed a yummy homemade blueberry pie afterwards!

I have 3.5 weeks left in Memphis and will hopefully be accomplishing many more of my Bucket list things soon!




No comments:

Post a Comment