Sunday, September 16, 2012

content

I have become very comfy and settled in at work and enjoying life! I have had a minor foot injury while training for my half but hope that this week brings some pain free runs that gets me back on track fast. I have done a lot of soul searching and thinking in the past few weeks and just wanted to share a big realization that I have come to. For the first time in a few years, I can honestly say I am content. I feel that I have truly come to the understanding that I need to do things and live my life for ME. (not for what my friends may think, not for what Facebook might see, not for what twitter might read, but for what makes ME happy).

I am a natural born, people pleaser and I think that most of my life I have worked hard to make others around me happy (which I do not think is a bad thing at all), forgetting that I also must be a priority in my life. I have learned at the end of each and every day I want to be able to reflect and see that 1. I have helped others around me that day 2. I have done what makes me happy 3. I feel content with my actions of the day and that I did them for ME. I have been too guilty of worrying so much about others that I haven't always done the best for myself. (often times making people a priority who I have not been a second thought for)

Now since I have come to this realization and found this peace in my life, I have noticed how many people around me every day truly have not found this inner peace or love for themselves. It truly saddens me to see how some people treat others, and when you look at the situation it is because they simply are not confident or self fulfilled. I feel so lucky to be at this point, a long 24 years coming, and hope that all those who are struggling with confidence and worried so much about what others think are able to work towards their inner peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment