Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Indulge Yourself

As I sit here, sipping on my sleepytime tea (easily brewed by the way, thanks Keurig) I feel that I must share my experience with indulging today.

I spent most of the day at work on Monday feeling sore (nothing new when you're training for a half marathon). I tried Monday night laying on a foam roller, the obligatory tennis ball on wall, and even had a kind hand from a friend, but nothing seemed to be relieving the ache. I woke up this morning with knots for days on my back causing a lot of discomfort all day. I headed to the Y for my scheduled 5 mile run and about .5 miles in I had to quit...

I had so much pain, I actually (So embarrassing) started to cry on my way home. I immediately dialed 3 different massage venues until finally one had an open appointment for me tonight.-- THANK YOU MASSAGE ENVY.

I met the massage therapist at 8pm then experienced the hurts so good pain for 52 minutes. I wish it could have lasted hours. It was confirmed that my back is a hot mess of knots (Tony couldn't believe it took me this long to come in, hah.) I also, ladies and gentlemen, had the pleasure of winning tightest hips Tony has worked on in 3 years, quite a feat. I left feeling much better. The secretary and my roommate both said "You look so peaceful". 

Moral of the story, sometimes you need to indulge in the massage or whatever it may be for your peaceful health! 

No comments:

Post a Comment