Wednesday, August 15, 2012

I think I can, I think I can....

This weekend I did something I never dreamed I would ever do... No I didn't chop off all my hair... nor did I take the plunge to eat pickles (ew, gross!)...I signed up for the half marathon in Savannah GA, part of the Rock n Roll series. I signed up with some convincing from two of my girls here in Charlotte who are also running! I had been looking for something to mix up my usual cardio/lift workouts...

So, this week began week 1 of 12. On Saturday I did an intense search (googled) different half training regimens and also spoke with a lot of friends who have done them. I ultimately settled on this beginner schedule from shape.com. I also went out and purchased a new pair of running shoes since my old ones were 9 months old and providing no support. I have yet to make an awesome playlist, pandora has kept me going with the "Todays Hits Radio" So far, so good. This will definitely be a mind game and a test of my will power, since I have never truly been a runner. I hope in the next 12 weeks I am able to find a love for running (did I really just say that?!) The big day will be November 3, heres to a new adventure and 12 weeks of training!

No comments:

Post a Comment