Monday, January 2, 2012

No Baggage New Year

Happy 2012! I cannot believe it has been a full year since I started writing this blog. I remember that 2011, the year of the rabbit, was supposed to bring relaxation and calm. I would say I might have had a few months of calm but for the most part 2011 brought many many changes. I lived in Durham, Memphis, Durham again, and Charlotte throughout the year!  Of course many things did not go as planned, but thats life right?


I spent a week at home with the family for Christmas then headed to Durham to spend New Years with some of my Dukie PTs. While spending time with my gracious and domestic hostess Sarah, she told me that this year would be a "No Baggage New Year". She said she was leaving all her problems and all those undetermined relationships out of her new year. I decided that this is the perfect fresh start for the week. As cliche as it sounds-- the new year IS the perfect time for a fresh start. So, in adopting Sarah's motto I am leaving behind all my fears and failures of 2011, I am leaving behind all relationships that are more one sided, I am leaving behind any regrets from 2011 and looking forward to this year.


I don't think I dare look at the zodiac sign for the year since that did not really pan out last time... but I do know that this year will bring my graduation from Duke Physical Therapy, my first job in this life long passion of mine, my first real life apartment, my first loan repayments :(, some weddings for beautiful friends, new friendships and many more! Here. We. Go.!

No comments:

Post a Comment