Well, the week started off very interesting to say the least! I experienced my first big storm in Memphis Monday morning/afternoon. We lost power at about noon and then heard the tornado sirens start to sound.... I was trying not to panic as my coworkers just looked on at the monsoons through the windows! One of our tech's was at class at University of Memphis and they had to go to the basement!
Once the storm started to pass I figured we would be sent home... wrong per usual. We stayed and treated patients by window light until it was too dark to do anything... definitely adds a twist to PT.
On Wednesday afternoon, I drove straight from work to the Toyota dealership to get a new key made since I had been having troubles with mine... when there I found out that it was going to be another huge expense to have things replaced... not worth if for this car. I tried to go home... but couldn't get my car started... I had to have my "housemates" pick me up and then it towed to the house on Thursday. I am donating the car to Vietnam Vets.
I had planned to meet with friends in Nashville this weekend but that got put on hold:( Meanwhile I am back at the car search. I have found one I like but I am trying to get the right price with the dealership... let me tell you, this stuff is stressful! I have been waiting to hear back for a few hours and can't get anything else done in the meantime.... Hopefully soon I will have a new ride!
No comments:
Post a Comment