Sunday, April 3, 2011

NOLA weekend

April has started out a fun filled month for me already! I made a trip this weekend down to the Big Easy. It was a bit of a last minute decision, but I am very happy i made the drive! I left Friday after work and made it down in 5 hours and 20 min!!


Saturday, we started the day by heading to the New Orleans Zoo!.... along with half of the city... I think we may have waited in line for over 30 minutes! But it was well worth the wait!

My absolutely favorite animal is the white tiger. Luckily, this zoo had two of them! When we went to see them we found the two taking a nap and cuddling. Must be the life!

Saturday night, we went to the New Orleans VooDoo game. (They are the local arena football league team) They play where the Hornets play. It is always amazing to me to see how they can convert different spaces! This basketball arena was converted into a mini football field.

That was my first arena football experience! It was fun, despite the fact that the VooDoo lost by alot :( Today, we met up with one of my bestest friends from Wake for a nice Sunday lunch at Lebanon Cafe-- a must if you are in New Orleans and enjoy Mediterranean food!

No comments:

Post a Comment