Monday, January 10, 2011

Year of the Golden Rabbit

According to the Chinese Zodiac, 2011 is the year of the Golden Rabbit. Tradition states that the Rabbit supposedly brings a year in which you can relax, catch your breath and calm your nerves (sounds good so far, right??) They say to be most successful in a Rabbit year one must focus on home, family, and relationships to create a peaceful lifestyle in which you can stay calm and handle anything thrown at you(Easier said than done!)

As a second year physical therapy student, 2011 brings clinical rotations, a few weeks of didactic courses, lots of moving, lots of learning and lots of stuff to get done!! I am currently 7 weeks away from my first clinical rotation in Memphis, TN. This is nerve-wracking considering this means I have 6 weeks left of an 8 week semester, an entire apartment to pack up and put in storage, and lots of materials to review. Two days ago the panic set in and I started some packing, visited storage rental companies (who all told me it was way too early to book a unit... Clearly they don't have as much going on in their life as I do....), and called moving companies to get quotes. I was getting very anxious and felt like I had not had a break since I arrived back in Durham...until yesterday hit. 

With a list of to do's and a brunch date I hurried out to my car to find it dead as a doornail. After a minor three hour set back I was ready to get going only to realize it was a day of Kara vs. batteries. My cell phone battery decided to end its life permanently while I was getting a new car battery, which required another 40 minute wait at T-mobile. While the frustration set in, I had to sit back and laugh during my four hours of do nothing. It seems only when you have the most detailed plans that life throws you curves. I realized yesterday that my new years resolution should be to approach life calmly and to be open to whatever is thrown to me.


So, 2011, I have three words for you: Bring It On!

No comments:

Post a Comment