Thursday, January 20, 2011

Success

I saw this quote on a friend's facebook and thought it has so much truth to it!

Successful people have the habit of doing thing failures don't like to do. They don't like doing them either, but disliking is subordinated to the strength of purpose." -Albert Gray
Throughout my grad school career, I have found myself doing many things that I "dislike". While sometimes I bring this on myself, by volunteering for different groups, and well, taking on the roll as president of my class last August, I still like to think that these things I dislike are thrown at me! With this short 8 week semester, our schedule has been filled with "necessary" lectures and our to do lists are filled with tons of busy work! I feel like I haven't had homework like this since high school... kind of makes me miss the "studying" homework! (Never thought I'd say that) However, I have decided that these next 5 weeks of class, I must do all the work, attend all the meetings, and finish out this semester strong, so that when I look back at it, I can feel successful.

I feel so lucky to have parents who pushed me (to my ends wit at times). I value the experiences that I get out of doing all the things I "dislike". I know my purpose for this next year is to be a successful student in the clinic, learn and develop my clinical reasoning, and make the most out of all the clinical settings I will be in. Hopefully I will remember to push through all the hard times so that I feel most successful at the end:)

No comments:

Post a Comment