I won't complain about the lack of snow, because it was enough to give us a whole day off school:)
The past 72 hours have been quite the perfect storm. I woke up Wednesday feeling a little under the weather. Needless to say these sniffles and tiredness have continued to today. As if this little incovience wasn't enough, my lovely car decided to start smoking on my way to school Thursday. When I looked under the hood there was a little flame on the engine! After towing it to the mechanics I found out the repairs will be $1100. This brought up the idea of a new car, so a day was spent in dealerships and at carmax. No decision has been made yet.... hopefully my good ole faithful 97 camry can last a little longer. Helpful hint: dont go alone to the dealerships! they are a little overwhelming (and still calling me everyday....)
In all this mess it made me realize all that I am so thankful for everything I have ...
* a roof over my head and heat in this cold weather
* food in my frig/coffee from my keurig
* wonderful friends who have been taking turns driving me places
* my mother who is my biggest advocate
* my godma/auntie who is always by my side
* my new clinical assignment in Memphis, where close family friends are
and...
* my common sense! I realize its truly something that not everyone has!
In honor of MLK Day, here is an inspiring quote of his:
If you can't fly then run, if you can't run then walk, if you can't walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward. -Martin Luther King Jr.
No comments:
Post a Comment