Saturday, December 29, 2012

The best way to spread Christmas Cheer...

...is singing loud for all to hear!

On Christmas Eve night, my roommate Amanda and I sat in the Charlotte airport about to board our plane. (We both were flying to Atlanta then taking separate flights to our final destinations) We arrived just in time and sat down as an Airtran representative came to our gate and announced that the first person to sing a Christmas Carol over the gate overcome speaker would be upgraded to business class! We watched as a little boy sang followed by a woman who sang feliz navidad. Everyone was getting into the Christmas spirit. I joked to Amanda too bad they didn't have any duet upgrades, if so we should do it. It was as if the man heard me tell her that because 30 seconds later he came on the overcome and said we are going to now to duets. Amanda and I jumped up. We sang the 12 days of Christmas... its very hard to chose a Christmas Carol that you remember all the lyrics to on the spot. We had some assistance from the crowd, specifically the little boy already upgraded and another lovely lady who sort of convinced us to sing that as we walked up to the speaker. After a very long song, we were pleasantly surprised with first class seats to Atlanta as well as to our final destinations!  Here is a picture of us enjoying our Christmas Eve Wine... I checked out the plane a few times to see If I could see Santa flying but had no luck...


No comments:

Post a Comment