Monday, August 1, 2011

Carolina to the Mitten

I am finally HOME!:) for a few days at least...


I arrived home last Thursday night but then left again Friday to head up to Grand Rapids, Michigan for the wedding of my classmate Mike and his beautiful, now wife, Michelle! Grand Rapids was a beautiful town that had a big river running through downtown. We stayed at the Holiday Inn, which was within walking distance of everything!




Mike's father treated us to dinner on Friday night where we all thoroughly stuffed our faces with the meal. Saturday night we did it true DPT style and owned the dance floor at their beautiful reception! It was fun to catch up with everyone in a less stressful setting than Erwin.


I also downloaded all my pictures and found these ones that reminded me of a place that Holly and I stopped at in Charlotte. This place was called the Flying Biscuit cafe and apparently originated in Atlanta. We found it on urbanspoon and decided just to try it and we were so delighted we made that decision.



Between the two of us we could not finish our plates but certainly tried to! I can honestly say they were the best tasting grits I have ever had... YUM!!



No comments:

Post a Comment