Saturday, February 26, 2011

Shoe-aholic

In the chaos that has been the past two days of packing up my apartment of the past year and a half, I made a stunning revelation…. Okay, well not so stunning… but, I am a Shoe-aholic. I had a good friend come by a few weeks back and I thought I had done so well at getting ready to move my shoes because I gave away some of my coveted high heels to her. Tree is a law student, who has not had 3 knee surgeries, and can rock some heels. It made my heart warm knowing that my beloved heels would be put to use by a new loving owner.

Anywho, yesterday when I tackled my closet, I made a little count of the number of shoes I had in there... drumroll......68 pairs of heels, tennis shoes, cute summer wedges, boots, and "clinic shoes". I had a mini panic attack wondering how I was going to get all these to Memphis with me...

I started by packing a "clinic shoe" bag. This includes all my close-toed flats that go with my business causual attire dress code. Then I went through the heels that are musts for the dresses im bringing.... the process goes on and on and on but all said and done I am taking 3 bags of shoes to Memphis with me and sending two containers and a bag home with my mom in case of emergency... she can easily ship them to me!

I was reminded that if I can part with these shoes for the next year, I can probably do without them. Ill think about it. As it was, today I donated 3 pairs of shoes and got a little teary....

Shoes, Shoes, Shoes

No comments:

Post a Comment